Dear All ,
The Arts Council’s Musical Instruments for Bands Grant opened today!!!
Deadline for applications is 4pm on 31st May 2012
Decisions by 17th August 2012
This is a tight turnaround time and the application has to be accompanied by a number of policies, quotes and attachments.
The Ulster-Scots Community Network in conjunction with the Confederation of Ulster Bands, Orange Community Network & RSPBA (NI) are hosting 3 informal information sessions as follows –
Wed 9th May – YMCA, Drumahoe 8.00pm
Wed 9th May – Island Centre, Lisburn 8.00pm
Thurs 10th May – Royal Hotel, Cookstown 8.00pm
The format of these will incorporate an overview of the scheme, guidance on filling out the form, help with the attachments required as well as providing handouts for further reference. It is anticipated the event will last for approximately 1.5 hours, with tea/coffee also being provided.
This is an invaluable opportunity for your band to obtain guidance which will hopefully hopefully result in a successful application.
Maximum application per band is £5k – total budget is £200k. Bands who have previously been awarded this specific funding between Jan 2005 – Feb 2012 are excluded.
In order to register a place/s at one of these events, please email your name/s, band and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 028 90 436710 – before 1pm on Tuesday 8th May
As up-take is expected to be high, you are advised to register as soon as possible. Spaces are restricted to 1 or 2 attendees per band
As mentioned previously, it is important to remember that the window of opportunity is very short (only 3 weeks after the date of these meetings) In preparation for applying and in advance of these sessions, bands can start to prepare by ensuring the following items are in place –
· Band bank account (at least two unrelated authorized signatories)
· Details of competition results in last two years (if relevant)
· List of activities for previous two years and a projection of activity for incoming year (parades, competitions, concerts etc)
· A recent recording of the band – on audio tape or cd
· Two quotes for the instruments required – confirming a delivery date prior to Feb 2013
· Safeguarding/Child Protection policies
· Equality/Equal opportunities policy
· Most recent annual statement of accounts (for the period as stipulated in your Constitution) – audited and signed by an independent person
· Copy of the minute of the meeting at which the annual accounts were agreed by the committee
· Projected accounts for current year
(Assistance and guidance can be provided on the night if you do not have some of the above documents)
These information sessions proved very successful in 2010 and 2011 with a high percentage of the successful applicants having attended one of the sessions.
Most importantly, please pass the word on to others – let’s make sure everyone knows about this asap.
Ulster-Scots Community Network
68 – 72 Great Victoria Street
Tel. 028 90 436710